Get access to all available jobs within the Buea township. Start searching and applying now. ... Read more
Job Title: STORES MANAGER
* Oversee the day-to-day running of stores to ensure access to necessary materials and supplies.
Education & Experience :
* Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Logistics or any other relevant discipline.
* Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
* Minimum of eight (08) years relevant work experience with at least three (03) years in a supervisory role.
Skills & Competencies
* In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry
* Sound knowledge and understanding of the company’s products and service offerings.
* Very good knowledge of inventory planning and management principles and techniques
* Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in assigned region
* In-depth knowledge of company approved HSE policies
* Sound oral and written communication skills (French & English)
* Good organisation and project management skills
* Good leadership and relationship management skills
* Strong problem solving skills, with ability to take initiative and act proactively
* Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite and planning applications (SAP is an asset)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
*Oversee all materials receipts, processing, fulfilment, movement pick-up, monitoring and dispatch at the plant.
* Approve all stock receipts (to) and dispatch (from) assigned plant
* Plan, direct and evaluate efficiency of all depot inventory planning and control activities
* Is accountable for efficient management of depot resources such as vehicles, equipment, etc.
* Ensure store is optimally utilised by constantly reviewing layout, space utilisation and material flow to identify improvement areas.
* Ensure daily records of stores transactions are uploaded onto the system on a regular basis.
* Organise regular/periodic stock count exercises and ensure discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis.
* Investigate incidences of damaged or missing stock in the depot and escalate to Head of Logistics
* Take adequate steps, including leveraging of existing relationships to ensure timely resolution of depot-related issues and challenges
* Implement approved HSE policies and procedures for stores safety.
* Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of stores management policies, procedures and processes, identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to the Head of Logistics.
* Develop periodic performance reports for review and decision making by the Head of Logistics.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Logistics, from time to time