Get access to all available jobs within the Buea township. Start searching and applying now. ... Read more
* Oversee and coordinate cement packing and loading activities to ensure proper packing and timely loading of cement at the plant.
* Ensure packing plant activities comply with regulatory requirements and DCP specification to ensure preset quality standards are maintained.
Education & Experience :
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or its equivalent in any discipline.
* Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
* Minimum of eight (08) years relevant work experience with at least three (03) years in a supervisory role.
Skills & Competencies
* In-depth knowledge of cement production process
* In-depth knowledge of the cement industry (local and international)
* In-depth knowledge of best practices in packing plant operations
* In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines and their functionalities
* Excellent project management and leadership skills
* Sound oral and written communication skills (French & English)
* Good problem solving and analysis skills
* Good relationship management skills and attention to details
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Oversee the implementation of approved packing plant plan at the plant to ensure established targets are met. * Ensure that packing plant processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
* Ensure clearance is received from Production and Quality Control before commencement of packing and loading of cement.
* Supervise the management of packing plant shift teams to ensure effective and efficient execution of packing plant activities and achievement of daily production targets.
* Ensure that all maintenance packing plant activities are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
* Oversee the activities of all packing plant machine operators to ensure safety of personnel and appropriate utilization of machines.
* Ensure all issues at the packing plant are resolved immediately to ensure timely dispatch of cement and prevent damage/loss.
* Ensure packing plant environment is clean and tidy at all times, and ensure team members work safely and follow all safety standards and safe work practices.
* Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates
* Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Operations & Maintenance, from time to time