JOB OPPORTUNITY – in an International NGO: STRATEGIES
Position: Field Communication Coordinator
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Contract Duration: 2 years
Contract Type: Full time - Local employment for a Country National
Contract Start: As soon as possible
The incumbent of the position will report directly via dotted line to the Field Communication Manager. The Field Communication Coordinator for West and Central Africa ensures accountable collection of high-quality client and partner stories, photographs, film footage and content for new media in West and; Central Africa in order to support the organization’s Member Associations and their fundraising communication.
* To gather and write interviews and compelling, comprehensive and truthful reports in English (human interest stories) and make powerful high quality pictures and video clips for the organization’s donor communications – according to a delivery plan and within given timelines.
* To gather accountable content for new media.
* To engage and oversee local videography support as needed. To organize the logistics, planning and coordination with videographer accordingly.
* To coordinate, plan and organize the logistics of own resource trips – in full coordination with Field Communication Manager, respective Regional Office(s) and partners.
* To support visits of member associations (MAs) in planning phase and on the ground: helping to get in contact with partners, with logistics of field trips, with pre-identifying clients and accompany resource trips as writer and photographer.
* To support capacity building of staff and partners – e.g. with workshops re photography and storytelling for their staff.
* To organise field visits well ahead of time, liaise with partners and travel agents for accommodation, transport, visas etc.
* To ensure full and proper accountability of all expenses and to work within
and monitor the operational budget.
Professional Profile and Experience:
* Photo-journalist with demonstrated ability to write compelling reports and stories from a fundraising perspective in English.
* Knowledge about video production and ability to take high quality videos are a plus
* Proficiency in English and French (oral and written)
* Good knowledge of development issues
* Proven success in independent work setting, managing budgets, communication and travel schedules
* Ability to work with modern communication and photo technology
* A team player with strong interrelations and diplomatic skills
* Strong intercultural competence and sensitivity
* Aptitude to be managed remotely
* Demonstrated ability to meet the required extensive travel demands
* Experience with working and/or traveling in occasionally insecure areas and following strict safety & security protocols
* Passion and commitment to the cause of helping people who are struggling to survive poverty and disability
* Driving license
The future job holder adheres to the organizations values and commits to the organization’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
The organization encourages persons with a disability to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail:
1. A meaningful letter of motivation,
2. A CV in English
3.Please mention your salary expectations
Only shortlisted candidates who send their CV and Motivational Letter with Salary Expectation will be contacted.